Have you noticed feeling fatigued or having an unusually low mood? This can’t always be avoidable but you can avoid getting into unhealthy eating habits and start making some positive changes. Before you know it your mood will be enhanced! I used to eat a KFC a day and had awful physical and mental health. I have cut out junk food almost completely now and feel like I can face life’s issues with far more ease than I used to.
These foods should help you gain a spring in your step:
1) Dark Chocolate – This food is not a chore to eat and contains serotonin, which is a natural anti-depressant. Additionally, it is high in magnesium which calms your muscles and can reduce anxiety. My favourite is Green and Blacks.
2) Chickpeas – Chickpeas are a good source of magnesium and this can help your muscles relax. They also contain Vitamin B6 which can help the reduce irritability and depression. A great way to eat this is by making a hummus dip! It’s amazing with Rivita or chopped veg.
3) Wholegrain rice – As with chickpeas, this staple contains magnesium and B6. Other complex carbs, such as, oatmeal, beans and wholegrain pasta can also have the same effect.
4) Berries – Tasty fruits, such as strawberries, raspberries and blueberries contain anthocyanidins and anthocyanins-nutrients that aid stress reduction and depression.
5) Green tea – This amazing tea contains theanine (an antioxidant) that helps you stay calm.
6) Flaxseeds – You can buy these in a grounded form and eat them on your cereal for breakfast!
Exercise has also been proven to be as effective for improving mood as medication! Although, it can be difficult to get up and move when you are feeling low, it can have a really positive impact. Here’s my blog post on some exercises I do and my favorite motivational music at the moment: https://emilyshappiness.wordpress.com/2014/04/18/top-ten-workout-songs-keep-it-going/
If you’ve enjoyed this please like or share this post and if you want to keep updated on my new stuff just give me a follow!
Thanks for reading 🙂